Since I’ve been gone, for many reasons, I did purchase the Desi Perkins and Lusterlux (Katy) collaboration with the brand Dose of Colors. I purchased the “No Shade” lipstick, the highlighter “Fuego”, and the over the top gloss. Lets get down to each product’s pros and cons.
Lipstick “No Shade”
- Opaque 1. Weird color tone (personal preference/skintone)
- No strong smell
- Goes on easy
- Easy application 1. Could not be inclusive for a REALLY pale skin
- Natural finish 2. Not instantly intense (preference depending)
Over the Top Gloss
- HIGH SHINE 1. Turns chunky glittery after some wear
- Not sticky 2. Glitter hard to remove after wear
- Good smell
Overall, I would recommend the highlighter and over the top gloss, the lipstick I would say to purchase with caution. I really thought Katy and I had similar skin tones, based on her foundation shades. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Pairing the lipstick with a good lipliner would be wise.